Another word for fungi; mould spores can germinate and grow within organic materials to cause staining and structural weakening. May appear as colourful powdery or downy growth on an object’s surface, or as black spots.
Click on the titles below to view information about preventing and managing mould outbreaks in collection spaces.
- Dealing with mould – State Library of Victoria
- Dealing with mould -State Library of New South Wales
- Dealing with mould – State Library Queensland
- How do I clean mould off my cultural artefacts? – Australian Museum
- Mold remediation – Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Dealing with Mold and Mildew – Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)