The AICCM will celebrate its 50th birthday next year, marked by a National Conference in November 2023. The AICCM’s 50k for 50 years Anniversary Appeal aims to raise 50k by the time of the National Conference. These funds will be used to support five member-driven projects ($10,000 each) that advance the vision of our Strategic Plan.
Project proposals are invited in following five thematic areas, and winners announced at the National Conference:
First Nations values and voices in conservation;
Engaging with regional, rural and remote communities;
Next generation conservators and/or skills development;
Disaster resilience and climate change responses, and;
Advocacy, profile, and capacity building projects.
We are currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for project proposals. Please read the information below, and submit your EOI by filling out this form and emailing it to the secretariat.
50k for 50 Years Anniversary Appeal EOI [.doc 74kb]
- Project EOIs need to be aligned with at least one of the 5 thematic areas noted.
- Projects addressing multiple thematic areas are welcome.
- Projects with a focus on AICCM members, structures and development opportunities are encouraged.
- A due date for EOI submission will be set by mid-2023. All members will be notified when a due date is set. EOI applications are currently open.
- EOI will be assessed for alignment with the criteria by AICCM National Council. The AICCM may ask to workshop EOIs with applicants before inviting shortlisted EOIs to submit a full project proposal.
- On completion, successful projects will require further documentation – such as a project report, AICCM newsletter article, and a budget acquittal. Reporting details will be confirmed when full project proposals are invited.
- The number of projects selected will be determined by AICCM National Council based on funds raised, submissions received, and their coverage of the thematic areas. The aim is to have 5 projects, one project aligned with each thematic area. However, the AICCM may decide to divide funds between fewer or more projects at its discretion.
- Project proposals may be required to include an AICCM administration fee.