The Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) drives the Premier’s priorities in South Australia. Our staff enjoy working with colleagues who value integrity, knowledge and intellectual capability. They are committed to providing professional advice and services, and more importantly, don’t see what they do as “just a job”.
Our team of qualified conservators provide specialised preservation and conservation services for works of art and historic items. Established in 1985, Artlab Australia is a business unit in DPC. Artlab cares for the state’s cultural collections and is located in the centre of Adelaide’s exciting North Terrace cultural precinct.
The Objects Conservator provides objects conservation services for the extensive collections of the Art Gallery of SA, SA Museum, History Trust of SA, State Library of SA and Carrick Hill, as well as for fee-for-service clients.
- Conserve collections using best practice objects conservation treatment methods
- Prepare objects for exhibition, display, loan and travel
- Collection care including preparing objects for storage
- Intra and interstate travel and the provision of services on-site at client locations may be required together with some out-of-hours work.
- The Incumbent will be required to participate in the department’s Performance Management Program.
- The Incumbent may be assigned to another position at this remuneration level or equivalent.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Requirements: Degree in Conservation of Cultural Material or equivalent specialising in objects conservation.
Contract Type: Short Term Contract – Up to 30 June 2021.
Remuneration: PO1- Professional Officer. $64,519 – $78,761 p.a.
Applications: All applications must be submitted online at I Work for SA website: https://iworkfor.sa.gov.au/
Applicants to submit a covering letter (maximum of two pages) relevant to the Role Description together with a current Resume. Applications should include the name, email address and contact number of three current referees.
Applications close 5:00pm 24 November 2020