The AICCM Bulletin is seeking expressions of interest for AICCM members to join the AICCM Editorial Assistant Committee. They will join Nicole Tse, The AICCM Bulletin Editor, and the Editorial Committee to assist with the peer review process of submitted papers for publication. We are looking for 4-5 new Editorial Assistants to join the team that will involve confidential preliminary reviews of papers, evaluation of peer review comments, copy editing and proofing of the final copy. We will also meet remotely once a month to discuss the papers under review and plans for future volumes. As part of the Editorial Assistant Committee your name will appear on the website and in the print copy of The AICCM Bulletin.
About the AICCM Bulletin
The AICCM Bulletin encourages the submission of original and quality papers, including research reports, discussion papers, literature surveys, thematic bibliographies, summaries of research papers and dissertations. The AICCM Bulletin is a hard copy and online peer reviewed journal produced by the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM) since 1975 and is now published by Taylors & Francis Publishing. The journal has an interdisciplinary focus and:
- Disseminates new information gathered about the materiality, nature, condition, deterioration and treatment of cultural collections within Australia and the Asia-Pacific region
- Promotes interdisciplinary research activity in cultural materials conservation
- Presents a forum for new ideas and thinking with regards to conservation management, conservation ethics, cultural engagement, sustainability and wider professional concerns in the region
- Disseminates new information and novel methods useful to the conservation profession world-wide.
Two volumes are published by Taylors & Francis Publishing each year.
What will this involve?
Submitted papers for peer review are managed by Taylors and Francis and processed through their online submission portal. The AICCM Bulletin is currently working on volumes 41.1 and 41.2 print publication in 2020 and volume 42.1 for 2021. Please take a look at this link for the themes for each volume: https://aiccm.org.au/publications/bulletin-public/
To support your role you will gain access to the Taylors & Francis submission portal. In 2020 and 2021, you will join our members Claire Grech, Eliza O’Donnell and Isabelle Legg to assist with the timely publication of these volumes as follows:
- Volume 41.1: Papers have been accepted and are currently being copy edited and formatted. We will proof the final copy.
- Volume 41.2: Papers are being submitted, are under review and revision. We will begin reviewing comments, returning papers to authors, copy editing and proofing the final copy up until end November 2020.
- Volume 42.2: Papers have been accepted and are under review. We will continue working on this volume as the peer review process progresses.
Expressions of interest
Please submit your expression of interest to Nicole Tse, email@example.com by (Monday 17 August 2020). Your EOI can include:
- Name, email and contact details
- A short statement of 4-5 dot points on why you would like to join The AICCM Bulletin Editorial Assistant Committee. Please include what you think you can contribute, your skills base, and interest in conservation research and publishing. It is expected that applicants will be familiar with the The AICCM Bulletin reference manual and instructions for authors.
- Curriculum vitae: 1 page
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to the AICCM Bulletin Editorial Assistant Committee.
Dr Nicole Tse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chief Editor, AICCM Bulletin
Discipline Chair, Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, The University of Melbourne
The AICCM Bulletin Editorial Committee
Nicole Tse (Editor, Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, The University of Melbourne)
Ian Batterham (University of Canberra, Australia)
Tharron Bloomfield (Auckland Museum, New Zealand)
Dr Sabine Cotte (Research Fellow. Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, The University of Melbourne, Australia)
Dr Caroline Kyi, Wall Paintings Conservator, Australia
Amanda Pagliarino (Queensland Art Gallery-Gallery of Modern Art, Australia)
Marcelle Scott (Grimwade Centre for Conservation of Cultural Materials, The University of Melbourne, Australia)
Dr Catherine Smith (Clothing and Textile Sciences, University of Otago, New Zealand)
Cobus Van Breda (Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Australia)
Dr Alison Wain (University of Canberra, Australia)
Rosie Cook (Conservation Centre, Cheng Shiu University)
AICCM Bulletin Editorial Assistants
Eliza O’Donnell, PhD student, Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, The University of Melbourne
Claire Grech, PhD student, Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, The University of Melbourne
Isabelle Legg, Master student, Grimwade Centre for Cultural Materials Conservation, The University of Melbourne