Jan Russell and Sue Brian
This year’s award is a joint award for Jan Russell and Sue Brian. Both Jan and Sue volunteer regularly with the conservation team at the National Maritime Museum in Sydney. Jan designs and constructs display and storage solutions for collection objects, and plays a crucial role in the museum’s textile rehousing project. While Sue brings a wealth of expertise, as a retired chemistry teacher she contributes scientific and practical knowledge. She also has experience in collection management and maritime archeological conservation from previously volunteering at the Norfolk Island Museum.
Both Jan and Sue are highly valued by the conservation team at the Maritime Museum.
- 2020 – Margaret Birtley
- 2019 – Jan Russell and Sue Brian
- 2016 – Celeste Wing Young
- 2015 – John Herbert Project Volunteers and Rebecca Barnott-Clements
- 2013 – Olive Bull (TAS) and Geoff Tonkin, Victor Chiang and Jack McBurney (NSW)
- 2011 – Genevieve Konig (WA), Heather Joynes (NSW), David Thompson (VIC)
As you see, our records are incomplete. If you can help fill in the blanks we would love to hear from you.