University of Melbourne: Ainslee Meredith
As well as contributing to a large number of volunteer conservation projects, achieveing excellent academic results and demonstrating a deep commitment to community engagement, Meredith has served as a member of the editorial assistant committee for the AICCM Bulletin and helped oversee the transition to Maney Publishing. The Grimwade foresees Ainslee becoming a major thinker in the field of conservation and making a significant contribution to the profession both in Australia and internationally.
University of Canberra: Robyn Victory
Over the past two years Robyn has run a series of lunchtime seminars at the University of Canberra, undertaken emergency treatment of infested collection objects and improvements to storage conditions, assisted with installation of the Curious Corridors Display program at the University as well as volunteering at the National Gallery of Australia and undertaking an internship at the Australian War Memorial.
Robyn described her paintings conservation internship at the Australian War Memorial under the supervision of Alana Treasure as the highlight of her studies so far, along with the student seminar series which she believes has inspired students to take on conservation internships at home and overseas. The University of Canberra staff look forward to seeing Robyn pursue her passion for paintings conservation in the coming years.
Past award winners
- 2021: Ange Costello and Cheralyn Lim
- 2020: Clare Kirk and Lisa Mansfield
- 2019: Daniel Schwartz and Rebecca Negri
- 2018: Dr Sadra Zekrgoo and Emma Anderson
- 2017: Robyn Ho and Danica Auld
- 2016: Di Knight and Eleanor Vallier
- 2015: Ainslee Meredith and Robyn Victory
- 2014: Hakim Rahim and Diana Tay
- 2013: Krysten Bullen and Fiona Hernandez
- 2012: Lisa Yeats and Sara Freeman
- 2011: Celia Cramer and Jennifer O’Connell
- 2006: Marika Kocsis
- 2004: Rhiannon Walker
- 2002: Belinda Gourley
- 2001: Jaishree Srinivason
- 2000: Maria Kubik
- 1999: Renita Ryan, Kate Jones
- 1998: Stephanie Bailey
- 1997: Caroline Fry
- 1996: Anne Carter
- 1993: Cobus van Breda
- 1992: Tracey Golds
- 1991: Graham Clegg and Sue Valis
- 1989: Alison Bunsell
- 1987: Sue Bassett & Gillian Osmond
As you can see, our records are incomplete. If you can help fill in the blanks we would love to hear from you.