Update: The Symposium programme has now been released! To view all the speakers and presentation topics, as well as useful information about accomodation and transportation to the events, download the 2016 Textile SIG Symposium programme here. There are two places remaining in the textile adhesive and costume mounting workshops and five places remaining in the metal thread cleaning workshop. Register now to secure your place!
AICCM is pleased to present Emerging Technologies in Textile Conservation, a Textiles Special Interest Group Symposium, held in Sydney from the 19th to the 22nd of May, 2016 to coincide with Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
The symposium will present innovative research, practical ideas and illuminating case studies from a range of exceptional textile conservators and practitioners. Download the symposium brochure here.
The AICCM Textiles SIG has partnered with leaders in the field of textile conservation to bring you three skills-building workshops alongside the symposium: a textile adhesive workshop presented by Zenzie Tinker at the Museum of Arts and Applied Science, a metal thread cleaning workshop presented by Ian MacLeod and Rinske Car at the Australian National Maritime Museum and a half-day costume mounting workshop presented by Tess Evans at the Yaama Dhiyaan centre.
Symposium and Workshop Dates
- AICCMTSIG Symposium 19th May, 2016
- Textile Adhesive 20th–22nd May, 2016 (3 days) (Closed)
- Metal thread cleaning 20th May, 2016 (1 day)
- Costume mounting 20th May, 2016 (0.5 days) (Closed)
Key Registration Dates
- AICCM member registration extended to 9 May 2016
- Non-member extended to 9 May 2016
- Student/unemployed concession extended to 9 May 2016
- Symposium registration will be capped at 72 participants with 10–12 participants per workshop. Priority will be given to AICCM Textile SIG members.
- Catering is included for metal thread cleaning and costume mounting workshops, and for the first day only of the textile adhesive workshop.
- Attendees are encouraged to use an Opal card and public transport when travelling to the symposium and workshops as parking is limited around all venues.
- No refunds from 7 days prior to the beginning of the workshop
255 Wilson Street
Sydney, NSW 2008
|One Day Symposium|
|Member Late Registration||$ 200.00 (includes GST of $ 18.18)|
|Non-Member||$ 300.00 (includes GST of $ 27.27)|
|Concession (Student or Unemployed)||$ 100.00 (includes GST of $ 9.09)|